As I wrote my Christmas letter I realized that my "weekly" updates on this blog had been non existent. So here is a post full of what we've been up to the last couple months.
Monday afternoons we take Connor up to Didsbury for power skating lessons. Kale is usually hanging out with his dad so it is just me and Lexi watching Connor power on. These lessons have been the best thing for him. His skating has improved immensely.
I continue to try and fit a workout in the basement most days. While the boys are playing hockey on one side of the basement Lexi plays on the other. She will often join me in my jumping or kicking but her favorite is yoga. Here she has decided that her pigs need to learn how to play trains.
Riley and Hailey are regular playmates for our kids. Lexi adores Hailey and asks daily if we are going to Hailey's house. Kale and Riley are the best of buds.
Every morning I walk Connor down the lane to catch the bus. The whole month of December he had to wear his santa hat. The one good thing about late mornings is that I get to be outside for the sunrise.
One morning we quickly dashed out to our pasture out west and grabbed a tree. It was a quick trip and the kids were not happy that we had to leave.
It seems to be a thing for our boys that whenever they find sticks they have to build a fire.
She went off exploring.
The boys were part of the church Christmas play. It was very cute!
One of our advent activities was to decorate cookies with the cousins.
One day Kale went to help bring the cattle home from a field they were winter grazing. It had snowed that morning and was very cold. But you couldn't stop this kid from helping dad. When Lexi went down for her afternoon nap he told me he was going to read books by the fire and then have a nap. That is exactly what he did. I was a bit scared that he might be up all night, but he was sound asleep by 7:30 that night.
Kale had a skating party December 18 and family could come and skate. We got Lexi on skates for the first time. But it was "to hard" after about 5 minutes she was off until Tim brought the sled down.
One of Lexi's gifts this year was the purple sunshine bear. She loves it. She had to take it to Hailey's house last week and forgot it there. Now she asks everyday if she can go to Hailey's house and get her purple bear!
Tim finished the rink right before the Earle Christmas (18) at our place. And it has been used everyday since. Today the boys were giving each other penalties while they were playing.
Lexi loves her baby cousin Inez and wanted to hold her any chance she could. Gram made matching purple dressing for the grandgirls. Inez had hers on earlier so Lexi had to put hers on. Gram even made a matching doll dress for Lexi's new cabbage patch doll.
Our wood stove has become a favorite place for the kids to play by. It makes the whole house cozy warm.
With Connor in school every day we had a hard time fitting in all our advent activities but we did get the gingerbread houses made and dad was even there to help.
I love the kids enthusiasm for snow. One nice day before Christmas Kale just decided to go out on his own to build a snowman. It was pretty darn cute.
Well there it is. Now I have some pictures documented for November and December. Now when I scrapbook some of these pictures in 2 years I'll know a story behind them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment