Every year we try and get away before calving starts, cuz once it starts we are glued to home. We asked the kids where they wanted to go and they said Banff. So of we went to the fabulous resort of Douglas Fir for 4 nights. About 3 days after we got home from Banff we had our first calf.
The four days pretty much were the same every day. Get up have breakfast, then go to the giant indoor playground for a long chunk of time. Then we'd have a snack and head into town so sight see. We went and walked around the grounds by Banff Springs Hotel, visited the cave and basin where the kids got to see people dressed in traditional war gear and watch them shoot the old style of guns. One morning I went cross country skiing at Lake Minnewanka while Tim and the kids sledded down the boat ramp. We would have lunch and then play hockey while Lexi napped in the truck. Back to the hotel for a snack and then hit the waterslides at douglas fir for long while. One of us would head back to make supper while the other took the kids back to the playground. After supper we would play a game of go fish or skip bo; then it was off to bed. This was the first trip that we actually came home fully rested.
My time alone in the mountains. I had a nasty head cold while we were gone so my ski didn't last as long as I'd like but I got out.
I've got my hockey skates out this year hoping to be able to play hockey better with the boys. It helps a lot but it won't be long until Connor is out skating me.
I bribed them with donuts to get them off the ice one day!
We played hockey right by the old train station and Lexi loved watching the trains go by.
She called this her let it go donut and ate every scrap of it.
We had a blast and wished for more time as a family. But I'll take what I can.

1 comment:
Great pictures! Looks like a fun time :-) Reading about your boys playing hockey reminds me again of how much fun they would have with Kai who loves playing hockey this year!
Post a Comment