Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, August 10, 2009

I did it!

Yesterday I finished my fourth triathlon in Sundre. I was very nervous for the race even though I told myself I just want to finish it. I just didn't want to do crappy. Last year I was 8 weeks pregnant when I did the triathlon and this year I have a 4 1/2 month old baby - so I wasn't setting my hopes too high.

I actually only swam 3 times before the race. I was only 1 minute off my time last year which I was super pleased with.

My transition was a lot smoother this year, but as I pop on my bike I still need to finish dressing. I actually biked faster this year than last year and I don't know why. I have my stationary bike downstairs I have been using but it isn't anything like doing the real thing. I think Connor helped me with both my swim and my bike this year. Carrying him around all the time has definitely helped strengthen my arms for the swim. I have done many squats doing various things around the house hold him which benefited my swim and bike.

My run wasn't super hot. Near the finish I got a super bad cramp that wouldn't go away so I had to walk a bit. Here I am pulling into the finish and everyone is yelling at me to FINISH HARD, GO GIRL. But I was spent.
I finished in 1:38:00, about a minute slower than last year. I was actually hoping to do it between 1:40 and 1:45 so I was pleased with my time. I am feeling great today. But I don't think racing for 50 minutes on a bike is good for a new mom. I am a little sore in the biking area!!

Greg & Laura came up for a visit this weekend. With all the rain we had this past week we weren't baling. We enjoyed the nice evening around a wiener roast.

Sadie and the boys had a blast together. They would sit on her and then throw the deflated ball. Sadie would take off and the boys would fall off. Then they would race to the ball and tackle her. They had soooo much fun. I was just reminded once again at the great temperament of labs. Sadie didn't once try to bite or be mean to the boys at all.
After it was all done the evening was cool so the boys sat on Sadie to stay warm. She didn't mind one bit - she loves kids.

Connor is doing great and seems to grow everyday. We are having issues sleeping at night though. I guess I have heard and read that most kids should be sleeping 7-8 hours by three months. Well when he was 4 months he was going 7 hours regularly. We hit 8 hours one night and then it went down hill from there. He had a bit of a cold though so I am using that as an excuse for him. He is starting to feel better now so we are crossing our fingers that he will start sleeping better now.










2 comments:

karen said...

Way to go! Very impressive post baby
triathlon. Very impressive triathlon, period!

Beck's Bulletin said...

Congrats on completing the Triathalon!! You Go Girl!! Very impressive....