Why do people ask you if you are pregnant? I mean even if it looks like someone is 7 months pregnant you never ask unless they say something. Or so I thought. 3 weeks ago at work a customer came to my wicket and asked how far along I was. I kinda got a surprised look on my face and said I wasn't pregnant. She felt so bad and apolized a dozen times. I know that when I am relaxed I have a tendancy to stick my belly out. From that moment on I have been very concious of my posture and belly position. Last week at work a retired coworker came in and asked if I was pregnant again. My jaw dropped and then he quickly explained that with Connors age he thought I might be pregnant soon - not implying I looked pregnant. But it still hurt all the same. Then yesterday another coworker got a weird look on her face and asked if there is something I wasn't telling them (that I was pregnant). My face turned beet red and if there hadn't been any customers coming in the door I think I would have burst into tears. If someone asks me next week I think I'll turn anorexic so people will stop asking (not really). I know I am not fat, I weigh less than I did before being pregnant with Connor - but it hurts all the same. So please don't ask me or any other women if they are pregnant even if they look it. Below is a picture of us about a month ago. I still look the same now and definitely don't look pregnant. 
2 comments:
Oh, I totally understand...and if it makes things any better, you DO NOT look pregnant at all!!! You look fantastic!
Okay Karen, I had to go back and see when this blog was posted, since you now say you ARE pregnant!! Were you trying to fool us at this point, or did you really not know you were pregnant?
Mart
Post a Comment