Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Connor!

My sister-in-law always makes fun cakes for her boys' birthdays. I thought I would copy her and do the same. Last year was a soccer ball cake. This year he wanted a train. I was bit disappointed with the icing job. But Beck gave me a hint, freeze the cake before icing it and that way you won't get the cake showing through. I had kit kats to make the track, but they weren't wide enough and the trains wouldfall over. The yellow car carried a tractor on it later.

Connor loved decorating it with me but didn't really know what to do when we sung happy birthday. He took the gummy bears off and made me lick the icing off before he would eat them. That was all the cake he ate. I had a cupcake without icing that he ate half of.


This morning during his bath we were counting toys. He would say one, two and keep going one two. I reminded him of 3 then he said 4 and lunch. You see after every meal before he gets down he has to say "thanks for..." and "may I be excused please". I guess a 2 year old doesn't know there is more than one meaning of four/for.


What a precious picture with great Granny.


Finally today after church I got a picture with my boys.
Kale is 8 weeks tomorrow, can't believe it. He is still fighting a cold. The last few nights have been tough. He sleeps in his bouncy chair just to stay more upright. But he still give us lots of smiles and tells us multiple stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The train cake is amazing!! It's so funny how kids take a while to learn to be excited about them! And great picture of you and the boys!!
Kirsten