Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, April 15, 2011

Following my Son

As most of you know my son has been a rather picky eater. I'd like to say that I've tried everything and he still isn't adventuresome enough to put new foods in his mouth. I often cooked him something I know that he would eat just to make sure he ate something. After reading several sources I realize I am enabling him to be a picky eater. So now we are trying something different.


He gets breakfast, small morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and supper. At meals he will be given what we are eating and if he doesn't want any than he won't get anything till snack time. I know it is early but after one full day he tried 2 things that he hasn't had. Both were similar to stuff he likes but they were a little different. So here is crossing my fingers that it will work and that I will have patience to deal with him when he gets cranky due to lack of food. I figured if he is on a strict schedule than I can't be snacking in front of him and tell him that he needs to wait till supper. So I will be following my sons schedule. Hopefully that will help shed these last pounds of pregnancy weight.


I know it is blurry but it was too cute not to post. We went down to my parents for the weekend to welcome my brothers new daughter Taylor into the family. It was such a wonderful weekend. Tim hasn't had a day off since Christmas and it was really nice to have him around. Connor loves my parents cat Tally and even got her to come and play with him. Although Connor loves her Tim and Kale don't. I think they are both allergic somehow. Both got super stuffed up and Kale got really red eyes while we were there.


Once again Connor found the puddles at m & d's. The weather was beautiful so we spent lots of time outside. Connor like jumping on the tramp a little bit but he much preferred to throw balls across it to his dad. We went up to Red Deer this week and picked up a trampoline for the boys. It is very similar to m&d's - solid tarp. This way in the summer we can put water on it and splash around to cool off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Karen. How's the food stuff going? Is he still trying some new things? Hope all is going well with that. The pic of Connor with the cat is really cute too!
Kirsten