I was reading a blog the other day and decided to copy her post idea. I think I have a good routine going for my kids but realize it is the random things that really make the days enjoyable. Here's the list:
1) Connor inspects my hands today to look for ouchies. I finds one on my knuckle and due to the loaction and dry weather it is cracked a bit. His response "oh mom that is terrible".
2) My +30 degree living room is a haven for these -30 degree days.
3) Kale putting his hands over his eyes and pulling them away saying boo.
4) I must be getting old - hot lemon water and honey is now one of my favorite drinks.
5) Going to feed the cattle grain with my blue marshmallows. Both the boys have blue snowsuits that are super puffy.
6) Not able to stand having Tim away during the night chased me and the boys to my parents' for 2 nights while Tim & Greg took a road trip to Vancouver.
7) While at my families I was reminded how blessed we are to have 2 family farms in the family. Dad was gone for the first day I was there so yesterday morning he got the men working for the day and came in and played blocks with Connor, Kale and cousin Ben for a good 50 minutes, had coffee with mom and I and then went to work for a bit. Uncle Bri and Uncle Dave coming in several times to say hi to me and the boys just cuz. Being able to go swimming with Auntie Shari, Taylor and Ben. How could all this happen if my family all worked in an office somewhere?
8) How I miss having Tim's parents and grandparents around. I didn't realize how much I loved having them just up the road from us. Tom and Ruth are in Arizona till mid March and Granny and Gramps are now in Victoria till mid March. Now there is no one to walk up to have an afternoon visit with.
9) Amazed at where I find my hair around the house.
10) Hearing Connor and Ben giggle their pants off at absolutely nothing.
11) Watching Kale figure out how walking might just be better then crawling but not totally sure yet.
12) Having my husband home safe and sound. I don't know how lots of you women do it when your men are gone for even one night.
13) Both my boys love flour. As soon as I get my apron on Connor is pulling a chair beside me asking for his apron. "I make flour mom" meaning he wants a bowl with flour in it so he can get it all over my kitchen. As soon as Kale sees Connor on the chair he is at my feet wanting up too. So he sits in the bumbo chair with a wooden spoon stirring a bowl with flour in it. Thank goodness for my large island.
14) Kale hears the bath turn on and he is by my side before I have a chance to turn around.
15) Connor telling me he has to poo on potty. I honestly thought about 2 months ago that my son would still be wearing diapers when he graduated from high school. Very rarely do we have any accidents anymore.
16) Watching Connor push his truck around the island closely followed by his little brother pushing his tractor.
17) Having Mr. Travis (Connor name for our friend that is helping on the farm) working on the farm allowing my husband not to be too stressed out and actually in on time for supper. Connor loves it on the days that Mr Travis comes in for lunch and when he gets to see him at church.
18) Lane, Jesse, and Damon are such great cousins for Connor. Love the fact that Lane is almost old enough to babysit!!
19) Scrapbooking. I'm not super picky or creative but I love capturing our family memories in a book and being able to look back at them at a later date.
20) Having boys crawl onto my lap so I can read them a story.
21) 1 year old kisses - oh how slobbery.
I'm sure my list will go on and on but these are what I could think of now.
2 comments:
I love hearing what the boys are up to and believe me when I tell you that we miss all of you far more than you miss us. It's exciting that Kale's first birthday is coming up, but I'm sad we're going to miss it.
I'm so glad Mr. Travis is there too and making life a little easier for all of you. Take care and remember we love you!
Loved your Random Things Karen!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment