Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Getaway

We spent the last week at Fairmont Hot Springs. We cashed in some airmiles and had room 30 feet from the hot pools. We spent probably 2 -3 hours in the pools everyday. The boys loved having Tim around all the time. We were able to enjoy a few little hikes although the trails were a little icy. I slipt once with Kale on me. It was a small one but my hip hurt for a couple days after.
One afternoon we packed the boys up and headed down the hill to the townsite. We took the trails but they were super icy from all the nice weather they have had. We opted to take the road back up the hill.

Connor is infactuated with "ouchies" right now. He has to inspect his legs and arms and has to tell us when he gets a new one. The other day he pinched his fingers in one of his toys and he got a little blood blister. I asked if he wanted a bandaid but he said he didn't he wanted to show his friends at church.



Kale is full of smiles all the time. His favorite thing right now is following his brother around our island pushing a tractor. He has also mastered the tractor noises too. He is copying things we do everyday - blowing kisses, playing peekaboo... It is so much fun watching him grow and learn new things. He loves to eat especially anything off a fork. If he sees you with a fork and he doesn't have one he kicks up a fuss.


Sunset on the pools. I enjoyed being able to do my lengths in the cool pool. It was absolutely beautiful - when I took a breath there were mountains surrounding me. Connor got super excited everytime we told him we were going swimming. Kale mastered walking in the pool. He has taken a few steps on his own outside of water, but he can keep up with his brother crawling so I don't think he'll be walking for a while.





I always love driving through Radium. The drive home was sunny and glorious.


1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Looks like so much fun! It's been a very long time since we were all there!