Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, February 10, 2012

Digging Out of the Pit of Guilty Motherhood

Digging Out of the Pit of Guilty Motherhood

Wow, I was feeling awful. It seemed that all morning I had snapped at the kids about something. Then I would remove myself to get a grip on things only to get mad at myself for getting mad at the boys. Finally it was nap time. Both boys went down and I went downstairs hoping that a good work out would make me feel better. It didn't. I decided to have some chocolate to make myself feel bettter. It didn't. I did a few jobs around the house hoping that getting something done would make me feel better. It didn't. I thought I hadn't checked out http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/ in a while so I pulled it up and this post was there and I was reminded that:

So when you are tempted to put another brick of guilt on yourself, may I encourage you to stop, and declare with me:
“Because Jesus was strong for me,
I am free to be weak;because Jesus won for me,
I am free to lose;because Jesus was someone,
I am free to be no one;because Jesus was extraordinary,
I am free to be ordinary;because Jesus succeeded for me,
I am free to fail.” -Tullian Tchividjian
Praise God for the full and abundant life I have in Christ!

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Amen to that!! What a great reminder that we don't have to be perfect or Superwoman or Supermom.