Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Friday, April 20, 2012

Busy Boys

Tim and I won a week stay at a 4 bedroom 4 bath townhouse in Fairmont this past week.  We headed out on Friday and met up with my brother and his family for 2 nights and then Greg and the boys came out for 2 nights.  I would have loved to have stayed longer but there is lots of work to get done for spring.  Some friends of ours took the other nights.  

It was so much fun and very relaxing.  The boys loved playing hockey and balls on the street.  It was slightly downhill so it made for lots of running.


Our unit was on the corner so there was lots of grass and a nice rocky retaining wall to play on.  The hot springs were just a 10 minute walk up the hill which was perfect.

Kale wasn't going to be left out of anything!!




Taylor isn't moving much yet but Kale still wanted her to have a ball.
On Sunday the older cousins came right when Connor would usually go  down for a nap - needless to say that didn't happen.  After supper he asked to watch a movie and about 2 minutes into the show he was fast asleep.

When we left for Fairmont there was almost 2 feet of snow, we came home to lots of puddles.  We were at an auction yesterday morning and I knew the yard would be sloppy so I dressed the boys in splash pants and let them play away.  We entertained many people.  It was Kale's first time in puddles.  Needless to say after their naps we were playing in the puddles again.


2 comments:

Ruth said...

Karen,
These are such great pictures of the boys mud-puddlin'!
You're a much more understanding and patient mom than I was - I was always trying to keep my kids out of the mud puddles, but I learned that water and mud have an attraction for children that can't be denied. Such Fun they're having!

Beck's Bulletin said...

what awesome pictures! And I have to agree with Ruth...you are an awesome Mom letting the boys enjoy the mud puddles the way you do!