Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, April 30, 2012

Lovin' the Farm Life

We had our annual branding on Saturday and my boys loved every minute of it.  I had a nasty 24 hour flu all day Friday so I was skeptical about whether I would make it our not but we came out for the morning.

Snack time for the boys before things got rolling.
 Connor was in every pen he could with his "cow chasing stick".  "But mom, I'm not fraid  of the cows", "I know Connor, that is what scares me".
 Connor is in this picture in front of the older boys, can you find him?  He has no fear when it comes to cattle but put him in a room with even 2 strangers and he is hiding behind my legs.  Go figure.


 Connor was getting a little bored cuz he so badly wanted to help bring the calves in.  But I was busy needling the calves and couldn't be there to watch him so he had to just watch.  
 I didn't have to feed Sadie, cuz she cleaned up everything that Tom threw her way after he castrated the bulls.
 My little helper - lovin' every minute of it.
 Connor found  this spot on the fence beside his oldest best friend Buddie Reed.  It is the one adult (that isn't family) that Connor will go anywhere with.
After it was all said and done the boys discovered the puddles.  I  didn't have my camera but they were mud from head to toe.  At one point Kale decided he was thirsty and crawled into the puddle and had a drink!!  It was a day that I sent many thanks to God for the opportunity to raise our boys on the farm with so many family around.

No comments: