Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Easter!

Wow, I looked at my calendar and couldn't believe Easter was over a week ago.  It was a busy week.  Connor had his first "friend" birthday party a couple days before Good Friday.  He wanted to invite the whole class (about 15 boys and 5 girls) but I vetoed that idea and we had 3 friends from his class.  2 of his best friends are neighbors done the road but communication and busy lives got crossed and they didn't make it.  But the kids had fun and even let Kale tag along with everything.  As mentioned previously Connor is very into hockey.  So we did his hockey cake again and had a scavenger hunt to find mini sticks.  After that they spend the majority of the time playing hockey downstairs. 

 Lexi was a bit intimidated by all the rowdy boys so she was happy playing with her playdough. 
 Then came Easter.  Tom and Ruth came down to decorate eggs.  I tried an experiment of volcano egg dying.  I modified it a bit but as always the reaction with baking soda and vinegar won the wow factor with my boys.  The eggs turned out pretty cool.

 Easter morning brought the eating of our decorated eggs.  The idea revolts me but Tim grew up with the tradition and the boys were game so Connor chose his volcano egg.
 Got her basket looking for eggs!
Kale chose his 2 eggs.
 
Easter was quiet here, no big family dinner, and a nice visit with Granny.  Although I am one to love and enjoy family dinners and get togethers, it was very nice not to be busy.  Allowing us to really focus on teaching/reflecting the season.  Happy belated Easter to everyone.  We hope you had a fabulous time.  

1 comment:

Ruth Earle said...

Why does the idea of eating your dyed eggs revolt you?