Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday Connor!

My baby has turned 6.  Man I have loved watching this guy get bigger.  He is such a sweet, caring, gentle but intense boy. 
 
This year has been a lot of firsts for him that he has taken head on and succeeded well.  He started kindergarten in Cremona and has fallen in love with school.  He comes home excited about the day.  When I ask him about his day his favorite response is that recess was awesome.  He doesn't say much else about his day but throughout the week he'll start singing a song about the days of the week or telling his brother that 3+4=7.   He has even started to read beginner books to me.  My shy little baby who didn't like talking to others has become a boy who will make friends with anyone around him.  Doesn't matter whether they are boy or girl, older or younger; he finds a friend in all. 
 
He started playing hockey this year and it has become his PASSION.  He is so intense on the ice, word cannot express his joy in the game.  He wakes up in the morning and is playing hockey downstairs, after breakfast he is often back down there, any free time during the day he usually talks Kale into coming down and playing with him.  But his favorite part of the day is playing with his dad after supper.  The month of March had him on the ice either with hockey or skating lessons 4 times a week and he loved every minute of it. 
 
 He his the most caring older brother to his sister.  I will often find him playing babies or ponies with her.  While he waits for his dad to finish supper he and Lexi have a game of tag around the island; where both of them end up giggling on the floor.  He is a constant help around the house especially if when it comes to watching/playing with his sister so I can get a job done.  I'm really going to miss him when he goes to school everyday next year. 
Lexi enjoying the birthday party with her own cup!

 I'm sure when Connor is asked who his best friend is he would most often say Kale.  Although Kale could farm in his room all day long and Connor could play hockey all day long; the two of them work a system out that they end up playing together most of the time.  There are definitely the brother fights but they are quick to say sorry, forgive, and move on.

 This lego gift almost won out on the nightly hockey game.  I'm sure if Tim hadn't hounded Connor to play hockey Connor could have spent the night playing with his lego.  He is very creative with his designs - I love watching him build things from his imagination.
 I took cupcakes to his class the day of his birthday (March 26) and he ran up to me and freely gave me a hug and let me kiss him on the forehead.  I know that won't last but if reminds me of our friendship and of his wonderful gentle spirit.   
 I saved his cake till yesterday when we had both sides of the family out so the cake would get eaten.  He was so EXCITED to have a hockey rink for it he didn't really notice the lines weren't straight.  The center ice has his initials (CDE and the number 6).  Just thought I'd explain it a little.

Uncle Buddie and Auntie Janna gave him goalie gear which HE LOVES.  This morning he appreciated the other gifts given to him but last night it was once again all about hockey. 
 


No comments: