Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Troll Falls

This past Sunday we took the kids to the Kananaskis to go for a hike.  The kids and I did the Troll Falls last fall and it was a very doable kid friendly hike - so we did it again.  The boys, especially Kale, love looking at maps.  Every time we went by a sign Kale had to figure out where we were.

 I don't know why but the Kananaskis is kinda magical (if I can use that word) to me.  I've always loved going there.  I can totally immerse myself in God's beautiful creation and get lost for the day.  I would gladly visit it weekly if I could manage it.  Maybe when the kids get a little less dependant.
 Tim had to prove to the boys he could cross this fallen tree with Lexi on his back.
 We reached our destination.  And the kids were impressed.
 I apologize for the blurry pictures - I only had my phone camera on me.
 There was a goat trail that went beside the falls and before we knew it the boys were hiking up so we all followed.  And up it was -straight up on wet ground.  Making it very difficult to get down.  Luckily Tim went first catching a sliding boy a time or two.
 Kale found this hole in the rock and climbed in.

 The way down I took a turn carrying Lexi Lynne. 

We took a different route back to the vehicle and came by the river.  The boys could have spent hours playing there. 
 
It was a perfect bonding day and refreshing to be together as a family.  Although seeding has just started our family life feels very disjointed.  So this hike was perfect at filling that cup up as well as my spiritual cup.  

No comments: