Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day & Anniversary

Well Sunday was our 6th anniversary and Tim's first Father's Day. I can't believe 6 years have past already. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful man. One thing Granny (Tim's grandma) told me when we were just married was that you don't think you can ever be more in love with your spouse than you are on your wedding day. But, she said after being married for 50 + years your love grows deeper and stronger than ever before. I know it has only been 6 years but Granny's words are proving true for us.
Father and son on Father's Day

Tim & I don't do anniversary gifts but he did take the time to help me hang some pictures that I recently got framed. I have been saving my money to get some pictures framed. Finally just before Connor was born I was able to get them done. The one above I got for Christmas from my parents. It is a picture that my great aunt had painted of Vulcan's train station and elevators. Vulcan used to be at one point the wheat capital of Canada. I believe they had 9 elevators. Only 1 of them remains. Vulcan does have 2 of the new style of elevators, but the old one capture the prairies.

My parents actually got this one done for me for my birthday. My mom took this picture one harvest morning. It is the picture of the farms feed mill.

This barn is actually in our backyard basically. Tom and Ruth got the print for Tim last year and I finally got around to matting it. Tom made the frame out of barn wood. It turned out perfect. Thanks Tom and Ruth.

My great aunt Marg (a different one) made this doily for Tim and I as a wedding gift. It is a bunch of wheat heads in a circle. I know that doesn't explain it well, sorry. Marg passed away in 2005. I didn't want to use it and possibly wreck it so I decided to frame it instead. Marg was an incredible lady and I will cherish this forever.

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

What neat pictures you have framed...and the doily was awesome! I have some from my grandmother but I have never thought of having them framed. We are so looking forward to seeing you and meeting your little man on Thursday!