Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Monday, July 06, 2009

Campbell River

Connor wore his car sleeper for the road trip out. He travelled great. Since we can turn the airbags of on the passenger side of the truck he was able to ride in the front with Tim and I which made it easier to settle him down if he fussed.
Pam, Bryant, Owen & Gavin on the ferry.

Connor loves riding in the snuggly this way. It also made us feel that we were not going to drop him either. Holding him by the rail just made us nervous.

We had to take the ferry to Victoria rather than Nanimo on the way out cuz there was a 4-5 hour wait for the nanimo ferry. We stopped at Buchart Gardens before heading up to Campbell River. I love it there.

On our honeymoon Tim and I had our picture taken in front of this fountain. So we figured we would get a family picture done. Connor was 3 months old in this picture.

The whole fam together.

This was actually taken at Elk Falls, but I can't get it to move down there.


Connor's first day at the beach. We had a short visit here one day and he was ready for his nap. Tim took him to the beach another day but the tide was in and all the sand was covered. The beach at our campground was all rock.

Gavin absolutely loves flowers. Instead of letting him in the pottery store he played with the Flowers.

Connor's typical outfit in the morning. The campground was well shaded with big trees so when the wind blows it is quite cool. Tims grandma knit this sweater for Connor.

One of our day trips was to Elk Falls. We found a resting spot for lunch on the Campbell River and hung out for a while. Connor and Tim catch some shut eye. After I took the picture I covered Connors face with his hat. It is sooooo hard to make sure he doesn't get direct sun. I wish there was sunscreen that babies could use.

Owen had everybody on their stomachs blowing bubbles in the water.

Our campground, Salmon Point RV & Resort, was beautiful. It wasn't very busy. This was the view from our door. Mom, dad, Pam & Bryant stayed in a very spacious cabin. We all ate our suppers together.

While we were there the wind was super strong. We just about didn't go out but decided we better. Our first catch of the day was this dogfish. Our fishing expedition was the longest stretch that I had been away from Connor. Tim handled it very well and the feeding from the bottle went smoothly.

This is the 24 lbs fish that my dad & I caught. It actually took all four of us to reel this guy in. Tim went out the next 2 days to see if he could get a fish but he couldn't. Last year when we were in PEI we went deep sea fishing and I caught more fish than Tim. So there is no argument now. I am just the better fisherman!!

We all had to pose for the resort to take a picture to post on their wall.

Owen and Connor hanging out together. This past week we just watched Connor grow. When we went to give him his bath at home in the portable bath he didn't fit anymore.

Owen is a very affectionate 2 year old. He wanted to hold Connor forever. Then he started giving him kisses. It is just too cute.

I found some toys to attach to the car seat on the way home. Connor was entertained and travelled great.

1 comment:

Beck's Bulletin said...

Great pictures Karen!! Looks like you had an awesome vacation. Thanks for stopping in on your way out!