Earle Expedition

Earle Expedition

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Like Dad"



As I watch my oldest boy play today I am reminded of how much he loves his dad. This morning we went to check cows with Tim and Connor had to wear his work boots that look "like dads". We got a couple of boxes of clothes from a friend and in them were these boots that look similar to Tims workboots.

I was nursing Kale after he got up from his nap in our room. Connor brought his cows and horse in to play with. But he had to go to "dads bed" (Tim's side) to play farm. A few minutes later he had to have a drink from "dads bottle" from Tim's nightstand. Then he would swish it in his mouth and run to the sink and spit it out coming back and saying to me "like dad mom". Every Sunday morning Tim uses listerine to make sure his morning breath is killed for church. Then Connor gets into Tim's drawers in the bathroom and brings out his deoderant and says "need pit stick mom" then he brings out his aftershave and says "need to shave mom". Every Sunday before church Connor stands on the counter and shaves with his dad. After they put on aftershave and come to me to get kisses. I kinda like the feel of a shaven face and the smell of Tim's aftershave.


We make our way out to the living room and Connor goes right to his farm toys and starts playing farm "like dad" and saying: "taking cows to pasture", "go in there darn cows", and "gotta check fence".


Sometimes I struggle with the amount of time Tim spends working. Lots of days we see him at lunch and he doesn't get in till 7 for supper. The boys go to bed between 7:30 and 8. I am not complaining just stating the truth. But when I see Connor do all of this throughout the day I am reminded that when Tim is in the house he is obviously having and impact on our boys and being a wonderful father.

No comments: