Today I pulled Connor out of school and headed to the mountains for one last hike. We hiked heart mountain creek with Andie and her two youngest. It is a perfect hike for little kids. You follow a creek bed up to a waterfall. There are tons of big rocks to climb and lots of places to access and play in the creek. You can hear the falls but can't see them when you get to the end.
We stopped to play in the creek and right at the end Connor slipped and fell into the water. After a bit of hysterics (well deserved) Andie ran back to the van to get the spare set of clothes I had brought.
I wrapped him into my vest trying to keep him warm. Once he got his dry clothes on we were good to go.
I have no pictures from the hike down. About half way back to the vehicle a lady that was at the waterfalls meets us on the trail and says she has just encountered a grizzly bear on the trail ahead. Luckily it was going the same direction as she was so she was able to turn around. She was a guardian angel coming back to tell us it was there. We said a quick prayer and continued down the trail. Joel got super quiet but Connor and Jill made up for it. They were making tons of noise. Andie led the way with the bear spray (purchased this a.m. just in case) and I brought up the rear. Between the kids noise and our constant prayers we made it back to the vehicle safely. My heart still gets a little fast when I think about it. Kale decided to spend the day with his dad cuz they were chasing cows. We sure missed him but we had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment