Although the weather wasn't great I packed the kids up and headed to Banff for the day. Connor has been asking to go on a hike in the mountains again so off we went. I chose tunnel mountain because it said it was a kid friendly hike.
Little Lexi hiked about half a km before I strapped her into the backpack. Much to her dislike. But we were taking forever. Up we went. It was a 4.6 km round trip. We gained almost 1000 ft in 2.3 km. It was straight up using tons of switch backs.
Connor is a rock star and marched up without a complaint.
The last15 minutes of the hike up was painful between Kale and Lexi.
But at the top we had lunch and fooled around. Everyone was happy.
Who would walk when you could run? That is my boys philosophy. So I ran down the mtn with Lexi strapped to my back. My hips are a little sore now.
Then we made a quick stop at the waterfalls before getting a snack for the way home.
It is such a blessing to have the mountains so close.
No comments:
Post a Comment